The capacity to listen and learn from our dreams belongs to all of us, but it is helpful to explore the the world of dreams with the companionship and support of someone familiar with the dreamworld terrain.
What is Natural Dreamwork?
- Natural Dreamwork is Empirical: It rests on the facts of the dream-what is seen, heard, felt and acted out in the dream.
- Natural Dreamwork is Embodied: With the assistance of the practitioner, the dreamer enters into an embodied experience of the dream, Through embodiment, the dreamer discovers wells of deep feeling that enliven and heal-even when the feelings are difficult or unfamiliar.
- Natural Dreamwork is Relational: The relationship between the practitioner and the dreamer is an important part of the healing.
- Natural Dreamwork Opens the Dreamer to New Possibilities: The dreamer begins to identify old stories that distort perceptions of the present and hinder healing and growth. Dream images open the dreamer to new ways of framing experience, new insights about oneself and one's relationships.
- Natural Dreamwork Heals: Working deeply with each dream, the dreamer discovers a realm beyond ordinary human experience, unbounded by time or space. Regardless of how it is named-Multidimensional, Archetypal, Soul, Angelic or Primary Imagination-it is a realm of healing where we encounter dream figures who teach us how to heal our relationships. They relate to us as mentors, teachers, healers--- and by showing us Love, teach us how to love and live better than before.
- Natural Dreamwork Affirms Spirituality without Dogma: Each dream is an individualized expression of the unique Soul-Path of the dreamer. Natural Dreamwork embraces a multiplicity of cultures and religious traditions.
- Natural Dreamwork Practitioners Commit to Ethical Practice Following the Association of Dreamwork Practitioners Code of Ethics